It took me days and days and days to finish this– end of summer with school looming next week is always a time sucker. Darn kids neeeding clothes and haircuts and school supplies and such. Earlier in the summer I thought I could FOR SURE get these two gowns done– ha! What a joke on me that was. Oh well, there is really no due date, I just want to get them done ASAP… so I will keep plugging along, even if it takes me days and days.
If you are looking for an authentic way to put together a historical Robe a la Francaise, you will be disappointed in me. I am cobbling this bodice together with a method I made up with no thought to historicality at all. The gown is for a dancer, so she needs to be able to dress herself and not wear any stays. This is what I came up with to accomodate her needs.
Crosspost from my LiveJournal Dress Diary 5/27/2013
Here is the underskirt of the second gown I am making for my dear friend Lucia, who is a historical dancer, artist and party organizer in Italy. I LOVE IT! Wow did it turn out nice. It is a violet dupioni silk– a fairly rough weave, but I don’t care, it’s pretty.
Crosspost from my LiveJournal Dress Diary 11/14/2012
I was in such a rush to get this to Jamie that the procedure photos really suffered, and the final photos were so hurried the overgown isn’t even centered over the underskirt. *facepalm* But, the important thing is that it is DONE and it is GONE. I’m a little sad that I didn’t have more time to fuss with it, and make sure all was tidy and perfect—but scrambling to finish on time left some finishing touches to suffer. Hopefully Jamie will be forgiving if she detects any jackassery.