I have completed the underskirt for the robe a la Francaise I’m building over that pink lacy monster pannier I made a few weeks ago. The photos really don’t convey how enormous this thing is! It is so gloriously ginormously gigantic, my client will feel like she should be roaming the rooms of Versailles. Well, that is, if she is able to exit her dressing room. The door is likely too small to allow this awesomeness to pass.
I have started my next project, a big ol’ grand pannier for a very cool lady who lives on the east coast. Over this pannier will be the next gown I make, which I will start as soon as I’m through here.
She told me she just wanted a plain one, as no one was going to see it, but I started twitching at the mere thought. *plain*does*not*compute*
I am really surprised at how long it took me to make this gown! In my head everything is so simple, yet the execution took 50 times longer than I ever expected. Real life constantly interrupts me, and I need to find a way to deal with that effectively. .. and I can’t really whine about it, as this is a problem every seamstress in the world shares! If anyone has any tips– clue me in! I am already working on my next project, so this post will be rather prose sparse– but, as I took photos along the way, I might as well show them!